Fire Pump System
Fire Pump Room building following system is provided to maintain pressurized water system in pipe line for Hydrant System & HVW (High-Velocity-Water) spray system:
- Diesel Engine: If problem with Electrical motor persists, pressure reduces to 3.5 kg/cm2 and diesel engine starts to make up for the supply of water.
- HVW Motor: When fire occurs and hydrant / HVW spray system operates, pressure in pipeline goes below 4.5 kg /cm2, Electrical motor operates and build pressure to keep the pressurized water supply continue.
- Jockey Pump: A jockey pump is a small pump connected to a fire sprinkler system in order to maintain a certain pressure in the sprinkler system
- Pressure switches: Pressure switches are very important as the whole operation of managing the water pressures are dependent upon them.
- Air Vessel: A cylindrical vessel installed in the wet-riser system at the bottom and top levels to counteract the water hammer effects.
- Strainers: Strainers are provided to strain foreign material from water.
- Normal pressure maintained in Fire Fighting Pipe line is 8.0 kg/cm2. Whenever pressure reduces to 6.0 kg /cm2, reduced pressure is sensed by pressure switch which starts jockey pump and after achievement of pressure of 8.0 kg/cm2 it stops automatically. Generally two jockey pumps are provided. One of these works as standby.